Tuesday, May 23, 2006

When auld acquaintance be revisited.

I will be in San Diego June 23 until June 25.

I have never, believe it or not, been on the East¹ West Coast. Wild, but true! I’m heading out there to attend a conference and stuff my brain full of information for the jobby-job. It should be really informative and I think it will be great to interact with the other folks attending the conference.

Another reason I’m excited is that I have some old old old friends who live in San Diego. One of them drew the picture this picture.


His name is Tim Bradstreet. He used me as a model for that cute little Frankenstein’s monster you see me portraying. Personally I had always hoped he’d use me as a sexy vampire, but once I found out they were coming out with an action figure based on my little Frankenstein guy I felt a lot better. I mean, how often do you get an action figure made to look like you?! Awesome.

Tim’s wife is Missy Bradstreet and I’ve known her even longer than I’ve known Tim. I DJed their wedding and have only seen them a handful of times since then so I’m hoping they can carve a little time out of their busy newly parenting schedule so I get a chance to catch up a little.

My friend Jimmy lives there too. He’s a handful of trouble but I’m hoping to see him as well. Assuming of course that he doesn’t try to convince he’s dying from some tumor or some rare cancer he has self-diagnosed.

My old roommate Leslie lives there as well and so far she’s the only one I’ve heard back from so I know I’ll see her. It’ll be lots of fun to catch up since I think a lot has gone on in each of our lives since we last lived together.

So that brings me to this: Does anyone who reads this live out that way? Any suggestion on what I should try and do while I’m there? I mean, I will have a very limited amount of free time (primarily Friday and Saturday evenings) but any advice would be welcome. Even something as simple as how to get around town, given the chance, would be cool.

__________

Riffing on a familiar theme.

Tonight Rudy and I will be spinning at The Pontiac. This is not new. We will be joined by guest DJs from Farewell Captain (Mark Ruggiero) and The Venom Lords (Gina Knapik) as they share their exquisite tastes with us. This is new! Both folks are playing a big Tankboy Memorial Day show this Sunday so drop on by to say hi to them and pledge your attendance in advance.

¹Thanks to everyone who reminded me San Diego is on the West Coast, not the East. I look doubly stupid since I (as my little brother pointed out) used to live on the East Coast!

No comments: