Friday, December 16, 2005

Another brief post easily blamed on a much-too long week…but now with more whitening power!

I went to a holiday dinner with Photogal earlier this week and while most of the folks were terrific conversationalists and entertaining to talk to, there were a few that weren’t doing so well and it sort of tugged at my heart-strings. At one point, after I heard one guy repeating the exact same he’d already told four times before to a new arrival I felt a bit like I was dining on the island of lost toys.

I was unemployed for nine months at one point and while that sucked I kind of knew that eventually something had to come along. As you get older I’m beginning to realize that isn’t always the case, especially when you were once a senior executive at a company who no longer has a job and you’re looking for placement ahead of hungry young guns in an already over-crowded field. Now that’s a scary prospect.

But hey, this is the start of the weekend and who wants to reflect on the depressing job prospects of people we barely know? Well, I guess I do, actually, but let’s move on anyway.

Need some ideas on how to spend your time this weekend? I offer a few options here. I won’t make it to see Mommy And Daddy tomorrow, but I will be at Double Door tonight and really think you should do the same.

And it’s been about two weeks since my inaugural mix was posted, so I guess it’s time for another one. This was constructed entirely by diPOD by putting her in shuffle mode and then just letting her rip. Now diPOD is loaded up with songs and artists that Photogal loves, but she’s also holding a truckload of my own music. In some ways she mirrors tankPOD but relies more heavily on a stripped down hit laden selection since she I now use both of them to DJ with. It’s interesting to see how her song selection veers from favoring me to tickling Photogal…and then tries to playfully tease us with one song or another. Any way, here it is:

It’s a diPOD Surprise!

Play the songs in the order they are numbered (you'll probably have to re-arrange them if you just load them into iTunes.) I’ve also included a track by track commentary so I hope you enjoy that as well. I guess I should probably bow out now, wish you a merry weekend and get on the get-go before I slip back into any melancholic observations.

No comments: