Monday, September 26, 2005

This is ridiculous.

No human being should be up this early. I think I'm getting a cold though and I just couldn't sleep any longer. Figures. I must be paying for such a nearly perfect weekend. The Double Door show exceeded my wildest expectations, Photogal and I did some work on the two-flat she owns Saturday afternoon, The Cells played a great set Saturday night and yesterday a stray dog wandered across our front lawn so Photogal and I -- of course -- had to catch him and bring him in to Anti-Cruelty. What we didn't realize is that they no longer take in strays, they only accept dogs abandoned directly by their owners, so the dog we found was going to be transferred to the pound. This of course means we need to track him down today so we can monitor his progress. We CAN NOT adopt another dog...but if it looks like he won't be adopted I told Photogal we can get him and find a home for him ourselves. He'll be adopted though. He's a puppy and a husky mix and super friendly so who wouldn't want that?

Man am I out of it this morning. I just couldn't get to sleep last night. On top of this cold we have brand new sheets and they still have this sort of fresh processed factory smell that kept waking me up. Ugh.

So Josiah is in next weekend and I'm pretty stoked about that. Rudy and I DJ on Friday and then Light FM play on Saturday so I guess the weekend is all mapped out already. For once I think I'll actually be able to drag Photogal to a rock show since she likes the Light FM guys so much. On top of that her sister is in from Nairobi -- I swear she's in the CIA since what kind of small-loan local banker has to go to Nairobi for six months -- so I predict it's going to be a pretty busy weekend. It should be a lot of fun though.

So I guess, on that note, it's time to get the week officially started. Toodles.

No comments: