Tuesday, August 02, 2005

That which is rocking my world, yo.

The new Juliana Hatfield slays. I’ll expand on this one over at Guyville but let’s just say that I enjoy when “angry guitar Juliana” takes the place of “sensitive ballad Juliana.” The results are always much more interesting. Another plus? Almost all the songs are under three minutes long but none of ‘em sound too short. Awesome. I’d love to set up a record release party at innjoy around this disc but I have no idea who is doing her publicity anymore.

Oh well, at least I can play a few tracks of the upcoming album at innjoy tonight! I think I’ll also pull out some new stuff from the Dandy Warhols, stellstar*, My Morning (surprisingly awesome) Jacket, Nada Surf and the Super Furries. Damn! There’s quite a bit of fine music coming out over the next month or two isn’t there? Get a jump on the crowd and stop on by tonight for a sampling of the sounds from your future.

No comments: