Friday, April 01, 2005

Guarding the gates!

Lucy the Dog hates the mailman. More precisely, she hates anything that comes through the mail slot. That is why she spends most of her days doing this:


When the mail finally does come she undergoes this Exorcist-like transformation and turns into a ball of snarling, snapping and attacking fur. I’ve gotten used to getting my magazines with a custom fringe design around the edges.
__________

Geektastic!

Kevin Smith interviewed Frank Miller and Robert Rofriguez about the Sin City movie and comics today on Morning Edition. Listen to the love here.

__________

THAT'S a lot of storage space!

Does anyone need a Gmail account? If so I've still got lots of invites.

And they just became a whole lot cooler:

On the eve of Gmail's one-year birthday, our engineers were toiling away furiously. Notes scribbled all over the walls. Complex calculations on napkins and empty pizza boxes. Millions of M&Ms.

The result?... starting today, we're beginning the roll-out of our new and top secret Infinity+1 storage plan...[so] write, don't worry. You want to stop caring about storage. We want to keep giving you more. Today, and beyond.

Gmail turns 1 today. And we've always loved a good joke. We know we won't reach infinity, but...To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able.

That's a lot of space! And provacy advocates need not comment to me on this. I believe that you control the content of your e-mails so you hold ultimate responsibility for them.
__________

I got nuthin'!

Yeah, I've had all my creativity sucked dry this week due to an increased workload at the office. The odd thing is that I don't mind since I've been in such a good mood work-wise ever since the trade show! Funny, huh?

Actually I had planned a rundown of the links over to the left -- a sort of "why they're there" and "what connection (if any) there is between me and the authors" -- but I kind of want to get in early so i can get my weekend started as soon as possible. Maybe next week, m'kay?

No comments: