Monday, March 07, 2005

Nine Inch Nails With Teeth prank.

So it's already getting light outside at 6am...the days are definitely getting longer. It's about damn time. Now I just have to figure out why I keep getting up this early.

I came across this site today. Apparently some kid has been allowing people to download what appears to be the new Nine Inch Nails album from him only to have it revealed that the tracks are not Nine Inch Nails at all. Apparently there are a lot of angry little goth kids out there...and nothing makes me laugh harder than angry little goth kids. Okay, maybe hippies playing with nitroglycerin filled hackey-sacks. That makes me laugh pretty hard as well.

Speaking of angry goths, this kid is friends with the cat passing out the fake NIN¹ disc:

[zeropanik] whenver i am depressed, i bang my head against the wall and shove broekn glass into my chest screaming "STOP BEING A FUCKING STUPID GOTH"

So, has anyone actually heard the new Nine Inch Nails? I'm curious to know what it sounds like. Can they still sound dangerous at all or has music gone so far beyond their rage level that the band will only seem quaint? Eh, who cares? Dave Grohl plays drums so it can't be all bad!

What is all bad -- and really, I'm sorry for the lurching topic shifts here -- is the spybot I downloaded onto my mom's computer yesterday. My mom had wondered aloud whether Paris Hilton had plastic surgery or notso I tried to pull up the before and after pictures of Ms. Hilton through Google...only to land on a site that hijacked her computer with pop-ups.

Three hours and a number of AdAware and Search & Destroy sessions later I'm still not sure if her computer is totally clean. Fuckers.

Okay, I need coffee. Speaking of coffee, I really wish I had come up with this logo for this company. It rocks:


Oh yeah. Last thing. We saw Be Cool yesterday and it was lots of fun. It's been getting bad reviews and I think that proves thatmost movie critics don't know how to have fun anymore. I mean c'mon, any movie I walk out of and say, "Wow, The Rock was awesome in that film." when it's common knowledge I find The Rock incredibly annoying has to have something pretty strong going for it.

¹Considering the number of times the words “Nine Inch Nails” and “With Teeth” appear in this post I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I got a bajillion hits before noon. Poor saps. They’ll be looking for the new Nine Inch Nails disc and will instead get a half-assed piece of writing concocted under the last cobwebs of sleep.

No comments: