Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Ew.

When I went out of town on a brief road trip with Woolworthy last year I had gone for over a year and a half without touching food from a fast-food restaurant. It hadn’t been a conscious decision or anything although I’m pretty sure it happened after I read Fast Food nation – I dare you to read that book without feeling a twinge of guilt as you snack on some tasty fries from Mickey D’s – but I had begun to take a certain pride in a fast food free diet.

Well, if you’ve ever been on the road with a band you know that you either eat crap or starve so I slipped and began eating the occasional burger or a combo number three or whatever.

Yesterday, as a result of Friday’s late night snack attack, I was on-line looking at the nutritional info on White Castle Slyders and I clicked on over to the McDonald's web-site to see what the nutritional value of my favorite meal there was. If I’ve been out the night before I invariably find myself drawn to McDonald's the next day but I always thought I was drawn to the “sensible” choice of a plain hamburger, small fries and small chocolate shake.

Sensible, my ass!

That little meal is over one thousand fucking calories! Jesus Kee-rist!

So guess who’s back to avoiding fast food joints again?
__________

TONIGHT
(as usual but not for much longer)
AT TEN56!


DJ Tankboy and Rudy Tuesday
strike a pose just for you.

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday March 29, 2005
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Features of the week:
We guarantee we'll play something
off unreleased albums from these artists!


Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine
The Blood Arm - Bomb Romantics
The Cells - Mayday
50 Foot Wave - Golden Ocean
Fannypack - See You Next Tuesday
Fleeing New York - A OK
Ben Folds - Songs For Silverman
Garbage - Bleed Like Me
Heartless Bastards - Stairs And Elevators
Hot Hot Heat - Elevator
Stephen Malkmus - Face The Truth
Maxïmo Park - A Certain Trigger
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Robert Pollard - From A Compound Eye
Sleater-Kinney - The Woods
Snowglobe - Doing The Distance
Spoon - Gimme Fiction

Blue Steel, baby.
Blue. Steel.

Every Tuesday.
Only at Ten56.


No comments: