Friday, February 25, 2005

Why you should spend your free time with me this weekend (or 1,001 ways to fall down as explained by a professional.)

This weekend should be a blast. First off you have Rudy and I DJing at InnJoy tonight and I guarantee that at least I'll be playing a set rather different than last Tuesday's in that there will be a lot more ass shaking and a lot less shot shooting. Okay. I'm lying. It'll be exactly like the music I play on Tuesdays only it will be a Friday. But that's why they hire us, no?

Tomorrow is a snazzy little show at The Pontiac headed up bu those lovely poptastic lads bred on the sounds of the Merseybeat The Memories. That would be pretty fun in and of itself, but also I've lined up Rudy (with his first public appearance since Woolworthy said goodbye to the stage) and also Kip and Fagballs of America's #1 Sweetheart (making their first public appearance playing their own material in...years!¹) Wow!

I will also be sampling Triad on Saturday since I found out that one of the servers I used to work with at Kamehachi actually owns the place. But you're not invited to that so nyah nyah.
__________

Mixesmixesmixes

You've all been lovely on the cowbell tip and now I've got so much music I don't know what to do with it. Okay, another lie (I'm full of them today) since I know exactly what to do with all that music. Over the weekend I'm going to distill it into two CDs of so much cowbell the listener will find themselves forced to rock out and dance. Awesome.

I do need some additional help though, since I'm looking for a song and just can't find it anywhere. If you have a copy of the Letters To Cleo song "Here And Now" and want to send me a copy in MP3 format 192 kbps or higher to tankboy (at) gmail (dot) com I would be your friend for life. If you really want to catch me off guard you'll send me a copy of Urban Dance Squad's "Deeper Shade Of Soul" or Sonny Rollins' "Don't Stop The Carnival" too but I don't want to seem greedy.

And with that, I bid you adieu with the restated hope that I see all of your smiling faces – well, at least the faces that live, say, fifty miles from Chicago – either tonight or tomorrow.

¹Okay, that may be a lie as well since they warned me that they may do nothing but play Weezer covers and try to incite the crowd to riot through repeated execution of The Worm™ and/or flashing their little boy parts at people.

No comments: