Monday, January 03, 2005

So this is 2005?

Is it safe to come out yet? Probably, but I'm staying in one last day since this is my final day of vacation for quite a while. I didn't really feel like I got that much vacationing done though! I had wanted to do at least one old-school late-night bender but every time I planned an evening to do so, family obligations would crop up early the next day...and I'm getting a bit too old to smell like booze when around young 'uns.

Come to think of it, the only times I really felt like I was on vacation was when I saw The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou (highly recommended since it got me all teary eyed) last week and Spanglish (much much better than I anticipated and Photogal loved it) yesterday. That's less a statement on movies as a consumerist form of escapism and more a realization of just how few movies I actually paid to go out and see this year!

So, I hereby dedicate the remainder of this day to becoming a total house sloth. Right after I get back from the gym and take down the Christmas tree and wrap the decorations and...I think you might be getting the idea as to why I haven't gotten much vacationing in, eh?

No comments: