Monday, November 22, 2004

So that’s what anticipation feels like! I’d forgotten!



Tomorrow the Nirvana box-set comes out and boy-oh-boy am I psyched. When it comes to new music I usually get to hear pretty much whatever I want long before it’s released to the public since I’ve been reviewing music and such for, jeez, going on two decades now. Because of this, the magical allure Tuesdays – the day all new music is released – waned for me quite a while ago.

I purposely have avoided any and all contact with the Nirvana box-set though. Since they were a really important band to me and I wanted to enjoy the set in the best of old school mindsets. I’m glad I made that decision as I think it’ll make tomorrow’s listening experience all the sweeter.

As for other new music, here’s what been rocking my car stereo, my iPod and the sound system at Ten56:

Bloc Party – Silent Alarm
Bright Eyes – Digital Ash In A Digital Urn
Bright Eyes – I’m Wide Awake It’s Morning
Dear Leader – All I Ever Wanted Was Tonight
Gewn Stefani – Love, Angel, Music, Baby


I highly recommend all of the above, except for the Gwen Stefani disc. It has a few good songs, but most of it is complete crap…a real huuuuge fucking misstep if you ask me. As if that’s not enough to warn you away from it, I see Rob Sheffield gave it four stars over at Rolling Stone, so that should pretty much be rock-solid proof the album sucks.

No comments: