Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Puffy is an idiot.

Vote or die? What? He's gonna kill you if you don't vote? I guess he's trying but, jeez, couldn't he come up with a better slogan?

Four years ago I never even imagined the situation we're in today. Hell, I never thought Bush would get into office in the first place, but here we are. I've tried to stay away from politics for the most part with this thing since so many other folks cover it so much better, but i do feel the need to urge every single person that's is eligible to vote to get out to your polling place today, punch your ticket or flip your level or maneuver around your touch screen or whatever, and make your voice heard. If anything, the vents of four years ago proved that every vote does indeed count.

Obviously I endorse Kerry and I actually think that he'll be good for the country. Even The Economist is endorsing Kerry and they were full-throated Bush supporters last time around and were one of the few papers who, to this day, supported the invasion of Iraq. (The paper has great news coverage but I've never been fully in line with all of their opinion pieces, obviously.) I guess that if Bush does win it would have a hidden upside...in that I'd maybe be motivated to actually move to Europe instead of just dreaming of doing so.

Come to think of it, I don't know how Betty would take the move...so there's another reason to vote Kerry!

Okay, our polls open in less than an hour, so I've gotta scarf down some food and get ready so I can cast my vote before heading into the gym. Make sure you do the same...and save your voter receipt and come by Ten56 tonight and me and Rudy will buy you a beer (details below.)
__________

TONIGHT

DJs Tankboy
and
Rudy Tuesday
want to buy you a drink!

This Tuesday get out and vote,
save your voting receipt and show it at Ten56
and the DJs will buy you a free PBR...
we'll actually reward you for
carrying out your civic responsibility!

ALSO
VOTERGASM HERE
.

Old school rock and/or roll attitude
mixed with only the finest selections
from yesterday, today and tomorrow.

TONIGHT, Tuesday November 02, 2004
Free PBR from 8-9pm courtesy Ten56
One voting receipt = one free PBR courtesy your handsome DJs
Stunning musical selections from 9pm until 2am

Fuck Puffy.
Fuck stupid slogans.
Just fucking vote.

Every Tuesday.
Only at Ten56.


The Chicago RedEye says: "The teeny tables and scant booths don't leave a whole lot of room for sitting, but the crowd (hipsters from all over the city) is mainly music fans who are more comfortable on their feet anyway. Stop in on Tuesday nights, when the DJ plays the best retro-rock this side of Detroit Rock City...."

No comments: