Saturday, November 27, 2004

Ho hum.

Over halfway through my mini-vacation afforded to me by the Thanksgiving holiday and I'm feeling pretty mellow. It started off badly, what with Chicago getting blasted by a snowstorm on the busiest travel day of the year. Thank god they closed the office early because it took me almost four hours to get home. Obviously this also affected the evening's festivities and the busiest bar night of the year was decidedly less busy. Those hardy souls that showed still had fun, but it wasn't quite the swirling sweaty masses I had been hoping for. Oh well, there's always the Sweet Alice anniversary party next month to make up for that.

Turkey Day itself was great and I realized it was probably my favorite holiday since, at least with my family, all the day means is a chance to spend quality time with your family. There's no Thanksgiving cards or presents, no Turkey Post to erect, no real consumer connection with the day. It's just a day to be thankful we still have each other and on a deeper level this simple thanks really resonated with me.

Since then it's been lazing around the house, going out to dinner with friends, finishing up season seven of Buffy and, last night, having Betty mistake my hand for a steak sandwich when I tried to pull her out from under the bed in the middle of the night. So, except for that last point, it's been a rather relaxing past few days.

Aaaaaaahhhhh....

No comments: