Thursday, November 18, 2004

Finally, a remake worth seeing.

I finished watching Dawn Of The Dead last night. While I'm still on the fence as to whether zombies should be able to move quickly et al the new breed launched in 28 Days Later or if they should just shuffle about as they originally did in Night Of the Living Dead, I can put that argument aside for this flick becaue it was just one hell of a well done spooky movie. Lots of blood and gore, just the rigtht amount of humor, characters you could really dig and the ultimate in bleak endings all worked together to do George Romero proud. Hell, I'll even go so far as to say I think I like the new version better than the original!

Night Of the Living Dead is still tops all around due to it's groundbreaking and realistically toned treatment of zombie horror, as well as it's nifty underlying social commentary, but I'm slowly seeing the light in regards to the latest string of "zombie innovation." Nazz.

No comments: