Friday, September 03, 2004

Up AGAIN!

Okay, this time I can partially blame the neighbors. Apparently some of the kids next door just got home and were making a lot of noise in the basement and that woke Lucy up, and she started barking, which woke me up. And now I can't get back to sleep.

I've noticed I'm having problems sleeping in the house anyway. The first night here I had this really freaky dream about a little girl with pigtails being killed here and, while I know the event is a complete fabrication of the over-active pre-adolescent mind buried somewhere deep inside of me, I'm still weirded out by it. It seems that if I fall asleep on the couch I have no problem sleeping but if I relocate to the bedroom the creepy dreams tend to surface.

Come to think of it, whenever I sleep in the bedroom I tend to have really vivid dreams. Not always spooky, but the nocturnal trips definitely seem to stick in my mind much longer than usual after I wake up. How Amityville.

Well, I'm up, so I may as well get into work early again. I had a major itch to go out last night...right up until I crashed out after watching the last few episodes of the second season of Six Feet Under. Man did that show start slipping. Anyway, tonight I definitely want to hit the bright lights, big city scene and think I might even take in some Live Band Karaoke. I haven't seen them in months and, since I’m the one who got them started in Wicker Park, I feel like I've been negligent. Plus, I always have a really good time at their shows. Double plus-good, it's the Karaoke Dokies tonight and I want to as Scothc how his first show at Double Door with his new band Shitake Maki went. Who knows, I may even maul a tune or two myself and relive my days of actually fronting a band...
__________

Watch this space!

Later I will post a picture proving that Laura Bush once looked like Maggie Gyllenhaal, ergo she was once super-hot so at least Dubya has done something right over the years by hooking up with here way back when.

In other Bush woma-news, I still find the Bush Twins far more annoying than cute. They're obviously just as clueless as their pops, and since they have no real power they're much less dangerous and deserving of pity, but that still doesn't mean I should be subjected to them. However if either girl wanted to throw a few free drinks my way, since they seem pretty fond of doing a little playful boozing and I've never sneered at that sort of behavior, I might be inclined to change my opinion of them, but they don't seem like the "giving" sort. They seem more inclined to pester Latin American playboys to buy them drinks. Oh well.

That's my new motto, "Buy Tankboy a drink or get the hell offa my tee-vee!"

No comments: