Saturday, September 18, 2004

In the ghetto...

Last night's Rockit Girl CD release show was awesome. It was so much fun that I actually had fun at the Evil E since my mood was so elevated. Nothing could bring me down. Hell, even my cabbie and I got along great on the long trek home. Here's a snippet of out conversation:

Me: Hey, do you mind pulling over at that White Castle? I kinda want a chicken sandwich.
Cabbie: Sure. Drive through?
Me: Nah, the line is too long. It'll take forever. I'll go inside.
Cabbie: Oooo-kay...
Me: Don't worry. I'll be back. And I tip really well.
Cabbie: Really, I'm not worried about you wandering far.
Me: My girlfriend says I'm crazy to go inside this Whits Castle at three in the morning. She says it's dangerous.
Cabbie: Your girlfriend is right. You are crazy. But I'll wait.

It was quite a delicious chicken sandwich and grape soda combo in the end...but they forgot my frickin' french fries! I was in such a good mood I totally didn't care though.

Tonght? DJing at Double Door supporting the always excellent Light FM...and I'm going to see if I can finagle my way into that Green Day show beforehand at The Vic. Wish me luck!

UPDATE: I've secured tickets to the Green Day show tonight -- where they're playing their new punk-rock opera in its entirety -- so look for a review of the show over at Lost In Guyville in the next few days. Yes!

No comments: