Friday, September 17, 2004

I have gone through the great difficulty
of planning your weekend out for you ahead of time,
so pay attention.


TONIGHT



If the show is half as fun as the CD Listening Party was
-- and by all rights it should be four times the fun --
then this is an evening not to be missed.
The show kicks off at 10pm sharp so don't be late!

More info:
Rockit Girl
Textbook
Milk At Midnight
Cats Not Dogs
The Note

__________

TOMORROW

Saturday September 18
at
The Double Door

Stellar Road
Buddy Nuisance
Light FM
Air This Side Of Caution
DJ Tankboy (hey, that's me!)

Show starts at 9pm with me spinning before and in-between bands.
Light FM goes on at 11pm.
This is a co-production with Shoeshine Boy Productions.

__________

Billy Joe Townshend?

I’ve always been a fan of Green Day, and forgave them long ago for spawning the faceless hordes of mall-punkers we suffer on the radio today, though I admit to being left a little cold by their attempts to “expand their horizons” over their last few discs. The band is at its best when ripping off the Buzzcocks while injecting their tunes with sugar laced arsenic.

Their new disc, American Idiot, has been cemented in my CD player. When I read they were composing a punk rock opera complete with nine-plus minute songs I was wary, to be sure. The end result blows anything they've done in the last ten years completely out of the water. The melodies are tight and when the studio adventurousness makes its way onto the album it is always in the best interest of the song so nothing sounds pretentious or out of place. Simply put, this is one of the best rock albums of the year. I can’t wait until it comes out next week and everyone else can hear just why I’m raving and drooling like a maniac.

And with that, fair reader, I bid you adieu. Hopefully I’ll see some of you at the rock and/or roll events I have laid out for your enjoyment this weekend, but if I don’t; stay safe, drive sober and don’t mix margaritas and Jimmy Buffet or I’ll have to knock down your front door and thoroughly kick your ass you stupid Parrothead!

Um, I mean, have a nice weekend!

No comments: