Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Goin' it alone tonight.

Well, kind of. Motörhead is in town and Rudy has decided that it’s most important to take this evening off to rock out with Lemmy and his three additional heads and I can’t say I disagree with him on that front. Luckily I don’t have to take on the slavering hordes at Ten56 all by my lonesome since Jenny Evil has so sweetly agreed to step in for one set and guest DJ. Apparently her new band Pica has their first show this coming Saturday and she’s gonna preview some of their new songs as well as undoubtedly playing everything from the Foo Fighters, to Slayer to Crosby, Stills and Nash. I will play new stuff by Pinback, Green Day, Tom Waits, Elliott Smith, Jimmy Eat World, Ted Leo and fun stuff like that. Oh yes, I will also play dancey music. However if you are truly down with the rock and/or roll then you already know that all the music I play is, in fact, dancey music.
__________

Hot-N-Sweaty!

I was at the gym last night and ran into not one but two Ten56 Tuesday regulars. Usually I never recognize anyone at the gym other than the "usual folks" I run into whenever I'm there. You know, the "usual folks" that you've never met but that you nod to when you pass each other on the street in the "real world." In this case, though, the regulars were in fact two girls I actually do know in the “real world” and it took all my power not to blurt out, "Um, let's just keep the fact that when I work out I'm a hot, sweaty, foolish-looking, big-humidity-haired dork, okay?" I mean, shouldn’t the gym be sort of a hallowed ground where we don’t actually “see” anyone else?

Instead for the first girl I just pretended my iPod was surgically connected to my head thus precluding any sort of conversation and while the second one caught me off-guard and got me to pull an ear-bud out so she could talk to me I'm pretty sure I didn't respond to her polite attempts at conversation with anything intelligible.

Yet further proof that I am so cool and handle all situations with perfect aplomb, no?

Um, no.
__________

You're off the hook Dave.

Why? Those new Assembly demos you gave me last Saturday night absolutely kill. Does this mean that, in the words of The Blues Brothers, "You're getting the band back together?"

No comments: