Friday, August 27, 2004

Wah wah wah.

Looks like I will miss the wrestling as I won't be out of work early enough. I think that makes me happy, but I'm not sure...

Instead I will be attending a mandatory employee picnic. I just hope there's no three-legged sack races as I refrained from wearing jeans to work today. Obviously an employee picnic and permission to wear jeans go hand in hand, right? Obviously I completely forgot that little fact whilst dressing for work this morning, right?

Even though everyone else did wear jeans, it still seems weird to me to wear jeans to the office. Now if the "work casual" dress code was ever permanently dropped, believe you me, I would no longer feel awkward in jeans in the workplace. Until then, though, I'll stick with slacks/pants/non-denim legwear.

I have decided to take advantage of the early-ending work day -- due to the picnic of course -- to take a lunch break. Which is what I'm doing now. Which, now that I'm thinking of this as a lunch break, means I am now growing hungry. So I'm gonna eat something. So there! And maybe read a bit of my magazine at my desk.

Serenity now!

No comments: