Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Things to do in Chicago when Tankboy’s too busy to write something thoughtful and/or witty.

- Go see Rachael Yamagata at Schuba’s tonight. The early show is sol out so scramble for tickets to the late show while you can! While you’re there ask her why I’m not in the liner notes but all kindsa sleazy executive suit-types are. Oh waitaminute…I answered my own question didn’t I? In that case, just go see her and marvel that a major label actually signed someone with talent for once!

- Also, go see me, Rudy and our special guest DJ VNLO (a.k.a. Marty ther Production Manager at Double Door) throw down mad beats at Ten56. Okay, maybe not mad beats…more like fat chords? VNLO does bring out our more adventurous side by forcing us to follow up Justin Timberlake and The Rapture (usually with something Hedwig inspired or some fat dirty electro) so it should be a good night. maybe i'll just quash him with a one-two-three Killers/Lanegan/Whigs punch...

No comments: