Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Soothe me.

When you’re on a train look around you. Notice everyone’s head swaying back and forth and side to side in unison? Isn’t it kind of dreamy? I don’t know why I thought of that this morning, but I did.

I had a whole spiel about this girl that came up to me last night and said, “I hear you have a fabulous girlfriend.” Obviously my immediate reply was, “Yes! Yes I do!” but then as I thought about it I couldn’t figure out where the statement suddenly came from. Rudy figured it out immediately and pointed out that I had just been prematurely cock-blocked by someone – though we don’t know who – that was trying to make time with this girl an saw me as a threat.

So I was going to rant and froth at the mouth in this post and go on and on about what a weird thing that is for someone to do until I realized the whole matter can be solved with one simple public statement. So here it is:

l have a fabulous girlfriend that I live with, boys, so there is no need to cock-block me as I am absolutely no threat!


There that was easy.

However if Photogal ever comes to her senses, realizes what she’s dating and runs screaming for the hills the above statement become null and void, m’kay?

Quotes

And since I have to hurry and get to work, I’d like to share with you a my two favorite quotes I’ve encountered over the past few weeks.

“You know the reason he never gets into fights is because he insults people so cleverly that they walk away and don’t know they’ve been insulted until a few minutes later when the turn around and go, “’Hey, wait a minute…’.”- Rudy discussing my big mouth with Photogal

He’s right, although I did insult one of Photogal’s ex-boyfriends in a rather non-subtle manner last Saturday so that’s one time I probably would have deserved a beating…

“I finally went to that webpage of yours and I’ve got to tell you, the whole thing seems pretty self-centered.”- My friend Kristina, telling it like it is

Really? A blog self-centered? Me self-centered? Never!

No comments: