Monday, March 08, 2004

Gush? Who? Me?

I could go on and on about the huge turn-out at Double Door Friday night. I could rave about The Bon Mots supremely tight set, or Woolworthy’s terrific new tunes debuted that evening, or Sour Deluxe’s quantum jump as a live band or Rock Star Club’s punishing yet uplifting and life confirming set. I could relate the tale of Rick from Woolworthy talking to radio personality Richard Milne and Milne, upon hearing my real name then repeating it for a few times before saying, “Isn’t that Tankboy?” (Please note, I've never even e-mailed the guy so I have no idea how he knows who I am at all so I'm tickled!) I could tell you just how h-h-hott Rudy’s sister is but then he’d have to pummel me. I could tell you that I was a bit bummed Photogal missed the whole thing but I probably wouldn’t have gotten as goofy had she been there. I could tell you that I was beaming with a smile creasing my face so deeply my head was threatening to split in half.

I won’t bore you though. If you missed it, tough luck…you missed a helluva time!

Instead I though I would tell you how tickled I was at the Chuck Close interview from 1998 they re-ran on Fresh Air Friday morning.

Why?

Well, where else are you going to hear someone drop Brobdingnagian into a conversation without tripping up the host or her audience? Every once in a while it’s nice to be reminded that there are other people out there that enjoy folks exercising oratory skills thus allowing language to stretch out while remaining ever more specific.

That is to say, folks that make there point much more clearly than I just tried to…damn you Monday morning brain fuzzies…begone!

No comments: