Saturday, February 07, 2004

If you missed it, you suck.

Seriously, the show last night was terrific. I had never seen Tiara or Denovo before, though I have been diggin Tiara's latest disc quite a bit, but now I can't wait to set up another show for them in Chicago. Cisko Pike were terrifically tight and their catchy American pop by way of British showgazer rock impresses me more and more each time I see 'em. It was cute to see singer Pat eyeing his very pregnant wife with that nervous, "ohmigod I hope her water doesn't break mid-chorus" look.

Cobra Verde was inspirational. And totally easy-going guys to boot.

Best bit? The following exchange between me and Photogal:

Photogal: This is great! Why have you never played this for me before?
Tankboy: I have! Constantly! But you always say,"eh."
Photogal: Well now that I've seen them live...

No comments: