Monday, October 13, 2003

Don't believe the time stamp!

Why, because as I type this it is 12:16 Tuesday morning here in Hong Kong.

Not much to talk about right now other than my desperate need to crash and try to reacclimate to the time here.

Watched Bruce Almighty one too many times on the flight but other than that it was a surprisingly enjoyable experience.

Intital impression at the airport? It looked just like Texas with all the palm trees and warm weather....until you looked at the unusually colored sky and realized how much pollution is in the air. Creepy. The city itself is like a more congested version of NYC, very vibrant, very bright and filled with activities I know I just won't get a chance to do on this trip!

Douple plus good, though, is the presence of an HMV just one block from my hotel. Yipee!

I also had my first experience of ordering a drink with a co-worker in the hotel bar and signing it to my room. I actually have yet to convert any cash into Hong Kong dollars but I'll be sure to do that tomorrow so I can start picking up knick-knacks.

So far it's not that otherworldly though since I've mainly been in the hotel and really nice restaurant a block and a half away and both locations are filled with tourists and business travellers. One might say I haven't really gotten a tast of the local flavor yet.

It is weird to be in a city with mountains all over the outskirts though.

Finally, apologies for any incorrect spelling or tense...I'm typing quickly and without a spell-check becasue I'm just that darn exhausted. more tomorrow after I get back from my first day of business meetings.

Did you ever think you'd run into someone actually excited to go to a business meeting? Well now you have.

No comments: