Wednesday, April 30, 2003

I had no idea how much the Bay City Rollers kick total ass.

Really, they do. And while I'm on the subject of that which is or was viewed as disposable pop I feel the need to make a confession to all of you kind folks. Now I love artsy, cutsie, indie, DIY chicks. I dig girls who are tough and have an attitude and a singular personality. Women who can be girly and still hold their own when the chips are down totally turn me on. That is why it is very difficult for me to make this confession.

I have a schoolboy crush on Kelly Clarkson.

Yes boys and girls, Tankboy is smitten with your American Idol. See, she's got me so looped that I even refer to myself in the third person. Why I should find her cute at all is totally beyond me since she -- aside from seeming to be a rather nice person given the circumstances she is under -- seems to stand for and be aligned with all that I find terrible about the music business though i do admit the lady has a terrific voice that actually has what is missing from most pop these days...character. But I mean she's a fucking processed pop star for Christ's sake! What in the unholy name of ABBA is wrong with me?

No comments: