Saturday, April 26, 2003

Grunt Work

Well, I'm in NYC again only this time it's much less fun. My friend that lives out here has gotten a job in Chicago so she's moving back to the Windy City. Because my parents own a big-ass Suburban monster of a truck I got drafted to drive out for the weekend and move all the big stuff back so I'm literally driving out here, resting briefly and driving back to Chicago.

I'd rather be in Chicago becasue I really want to see a show I set up at The Note with Rock-It Girl (ex-Veruca Salt/Bastard) and Sullen (kick-ass female led rock that will crush you) instead of being here in rainy, dreary New York. I know I know...I love New York but this weekend I really would rather be elsewhere. That and I mis smy dog since I don't get to see her nearly as much now that I'm working days. Grrrrr....

Now because I feel like it...

CDs GOOD FOR A ROADTRIP
(these are conducive to positive, proper driving)

Go Back Snowball Calling Zero
The Flaming Lips Live at Kentish Town Forum 2003
Analog Radio This Is Grand
Red Hot Chili Peppers By The Way (first half only)
Warrin' Factions and Betty's Butt
and Transferring From The "F" To The "U" Train
(all three are Tankboy mix CDs)

CDs KINDA ROAD TRIP BORING

Anna Waronker Anna Waronker
A Camp A Camp
Bush Deconstructed
Red Hot Chili Peppers By The Way (second half)
Wilco Live At Bumbershoot 2002
De La Sou AOI: Bionix (surprise!)

CDs THAT ARE A BAD IDEA BECAUSE YOU MIGHT ZONE OUT

Mogwai Happy Songs For Happy People
Dead Meadow Dead Meadow

CDs THAT ARE A REALLY BAD IDEA
WHILE DRIVING THROUGH
MOUNTAINOUS PENNSYLVANIA TWISTY ROADS


Tomahawk Mit Gas


I like all all the above music but, as I learned yesterday, some of it just isn't roadworthy if you want to stay awake / keep your sanity / drive safely / bop your head....and while I listened to the entire Tomahawk disc I wouldn't reccomend it since it puts you in a really agressive state of mind.

No comments: