Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Everyone's Just Workin' For The Weekend

Yup, so I've gone through my first eight hour while-the-sun-is-up working day in, well, a really long time. On one hand I felt God was snickering a bit in my general direction since today also happened to be the first deliciously warm and sunny day of the year but on the other hand I really ain't complaining too much. The studio I'm now working at does seem to be populated with some genuinely cool co-workers so I'm really looking forward to carving out my own niche in their organization.

Wow. I'm still pleased as punch to finally have a job that has regular working hours!

Of course some of my other friends who have been nine to fivers for a while think I'm nuts. "Why would you want to give up your glamorous lifestyle?" they ask. "Are you insane?" To this I can only answer, "No...I've just really gotten bored of that lifestyle for the most part -- not to say I haven't learned a lot and faced many challenges both professional and personal that have helped me grow as a person -- and I'm looking forward to early bedtimes and long work days...emphasis on the day part though I certainly won't mind putting ina few nights here and there as is needed. I was just getting burned out on putting in every night week after week...

And on top of it I'm still working in music and dealing with the rock and/or roll so how lucky am I? Very lucky indeed.

No comments: