Friday, March 07, 2003

Take it from me, I'm a professional.

I've been involved with this business called rock for many many moons now and rarely have I seen such a right on and bitingly sarcastic indictment of the band and biz side of things. Okay, I've read more biting commentary but this stuff is just plain funny. I do cringe a bit since I remember being the young band trying to get gigs and then as the years progressed I morphed into a rock critic and then slowly turned into a talent buyer who decided which bands got gigs and now I'm finally a mixture of all of the above while adding in a dash of the publicist...well, I'm not currently in a band, but if you look around town you can see a number of bands utilizing components of my drum set in exchange for free storage space! And who knows, if you come by The Pontiac on a Rock and Roll Karaoke Friday you might even see me relive my glory days as the lead singer in a band! I promise I have given up wearing hockey masks and one-piece black dresses on stage...

Anyway it's time to get schooled in the art of Rocking and/or Rolling so get your ass over there, go through the lessons and bone up for the final exam. Thanks to iconomy for the tip off on this one...

No comments: