Monday, March 10, 2003

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

I love when people we call famous are willing to actually bitch about other people we call famous. Stephen Malkmus (ex-frontman for Pavement and current leader of The Jicks) has always had my respect because a) he's always been super cool and unbelievably nice every time I've spoken to him and b) the man writes good fucking songs. How can you lose?

Well, with a new album out to promote, old Stephen has been hitting the media trail and leaving behind a trail of disses a mile long. First he went gonzo in Entertainment Weekly (wonderfully excerpted right here by Matthew) and then he dropped a few bombs on The Times. Where has this gotten him? On the New York Post's Page Six of course. Keep on firing away Steve-O!

No comments: